Yandex, Research Group Leader and Professor of MIPT
Gleb Gusev is a research group leader in Yandex, LLC, and Professor of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. In 2006, he graduated from two universities – Moscow State University (Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics), and the Independent University of Moscow. In 2010, he received his Ph.D. in physics and mathematics from MSU (in the specialty of Geometry and Topology) with Professor Sabir Gusein-Zade. Since 2008, he has been an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Physics and Technology, and since 2011, leader of the Theory Group in Yandex’s research department.
His research interests include but are not limited to:
– topological invariants of singularities of algebraic varieties
– combinatorial geometry of Newton polyhedra mixed volumes
– random graph models of real-world networks
– modelling and predicting user behavior in web search
– use of user behavior logs for information retrieval tasks
At the conference Gleb will give a talk on “Machine learning research in Yandex and CatBoost”.